Online dating can be tricky at times. There are quite a few dating sites available. Some of these are paid subscription websites, while some are free.
There are only a handful of free dating sites available, and OKCupid is one of the most popular, with a great reputation.
OKCupid is a fun and quirky dating site where you can meet a lot of people. Their dating pool is large since their services are excellent and everyone loves good free things.
The has a great profile and match system that allows you to search for people based on their age, where they are and what their expectations are in a relationship.
So what makes OKCupid unique?
Every dating site has their own uniqueness that sets them apart from the rest and OKCupid is no different. So what sets OKCupid apart?
- · They have a fun matching system that allows you to create custom quizzes and tests in thousands of topics
- · They have Facebook integration. This allows OKCupid users to put their entire profile or just answer some of their quizzes on their Facebook page.
- · Matching of people based on their answers also extends past their dating potential. There is also the friends and enemies basis in-case you were looking for a friend or you are a superhero online looking for a nemesis.
- · Their stalker feature allows you to see who looked at your profile picture recently. Unlike on most of the other dating sites, this feature can be turned off.
- · They have this handy feature called the “FlagMod”. This allows users to have a look at other pictures that other users have deemed inappropriate or against the website terms of service, and decide whether the photos should stay or be removed.
What did we like about OKCupid?
OKCupid has a bunch of likeable things about it. First of all, it is free. This means that you access the site for free and use all the features on it without paying. It is also loads of fun and lets you filter your match search by location, preference and age.
We also liked that;
- · It is relatively easy to use. Signing up takes you all of 5 minutes and it is even less when you have a Facebook account.
- · Their privacy settings are excellent. This means you can filter what they share and your personal information is safe.
- · Their question matching system gives you the option of indicating how important or not that value is. This lets your potential match know how important certain things are; for example, how important it is that they must love dogs.
- · The profile questions and fun quizzes such as the nerd test are great ice breakers.
- · OKCupid have a full featured app that works well for IOS and Android.
- · You can personalize your searches and even add more parameters using the advanced search option
- · The site sometimes picks matches for you and you can see them by clicking the Quiver tab. This is fun especially if you are a risk taker. It is some sort of dating roulette
- · There are a lot of nifty little features that come with the site such as the option to hide people you are not attracted to so that they don’t appear in your searches again. You can also wink at people, send instant messages and the site supports anonymous browsing.
What we were not overly impressed with?
OKCupid ticks a lot of all the right boxes. However, we were not impressed with the fact that you have to pay a certain fee to remove ads, access better search options and turn off the stalker option.
Their matching system could also use a little tune up to bring it up to the sophistication and accuracy of bigger sites such as match.com
For a free dating website however, OKCupid is actually a really solid option. It is fun and easy to use, easy to register for and allows you to integrate your Facebook.