There are so many chatting apps these days and the success of these apps encourage the developers to develop more of such apps. If we go back and try to trace the popularity of these apps, we would come to a realization that most people choose easy ways to find friends these days. Nobody wants to go out and try to talk to random strangers. After all, when you can just sit at the comfort of your home and chat with random strangers, why would you even go out?
Kik is such a chatting app and the best part that comes with the app is Kik bots. Kik bots are your friends. You can talk to them when you don’t have any other friends to talk to. You can even create your own Kik bots. This is a tutorial to teach you about that.
Why you should make a Kit Bot?
- First and foremost reason for making a Kik bot is that it is really interesting. You would learn about automation a lot.
- The procedure involved is straight forward so you would not have to attend any particular classes to learn to create a Kik bot.
- Kik has a Bot Store. So, if you are able to create a Kik bot that is amazing, you can get your own Kik bot featured there. That would be like getting publicity without putting in too much efforts. And to your surprise, the Kik bots that are developed till date are not of very good quality. So, who knows, you could be the next Kik bot start if you create an awesome Kik bot.
- If you are into coding and know a little bit of Python or Node.js, you should definitely go for it as it would not require much work. However, you can also use some of the bot platforms to create a Kik bot.
Plan your Bot Style
First of all, you would need to think of a style for your bot. since it is going to be a permanent thing, make sure you spend some time planning this. You need to think of a name for your bot and then decide whether it is going to be a friendly one, a sarcastic one or what you want it to be. Also plan what conversations you want your bot to be a part of. And another major thing when planning the Kik bot is to decide how your bot is going to bring the conversations to the point if they deviate from it.
Get along with the Pre-Requisites
- Though there are no major pre-requisites when creating the Kik bot, you would definitely need the Kik app on your device.
- And, it would be a good idea if you have little knowledge about the functioning of the app. Then, go to the Kik Dev website and log into it.
- Once you are logged in, open Kik on your device. You would then get an option to scan the Kik code. Do that and you would get a page on your screen?
- You will receive a message from Kik Bot @Botsworth. As soon as you receive this message, you should follow the instructions and get going. Most probably, they would ask you for your user ID, your name and a display picture.
Finally Building the Kik Bot
Now that you are ready with all the pre-requisites, you can build the Kik bot. thanks to Kik, they have provided online resources to help you with the task. Follow the steps given below and your bot would be ready in no time.
- First of all, install the API library whichever you want, whether it is Python or Node.js.
- Then, choose your language of coding and then code the Kik bot in that particular language. You can take help from the Kik GitHub page if you want. You would find a lot of problems being solved there on a daily basis.
- Keep testing the Bot once it is done. We would suggest you to complete at least 3 rounds of testing before inviting your friends.
- Once you have completed the testing from you side, the next step is to invite your friends to help you with the testing. This is very important step because you might have missed out on the little details while testing. Invite as many people as you can as this would expand your areas of testing.
- Then, after you have finalized the version of the Kik bot, you can unleash it into the market. You can take help of the Kik bot store for that.
Kik bots are trending in the market these days and it would be a really good idea to try these. If you know coding or are interested to know, there is no better thing than Kik bots to try at the moment. Let us know your views in the comments section below.