Recently, Kik introduced new Kik codes. These are nothing but QR codes which you can scan and add friends. All the Kik users have a unique Kik code. So if you don’t know yours, it’s time to open your app and find out your unique Kik code. These days, times are changing fast and hence, people do not have much time to search a particular user. With the introduction of Kik codes, all you have to do is scan other person’s Kik code and then send them a message instantly. It is that simple.
The good thing about the Kik codes is that they also work with groups. This means that you can just scan a Kik code to join a particular group. Also, you just show your group’s Kik code to a friend nearby. This way, they can directly scan the code and join the group instead of searching the group by the name.
How to See your Own Kik Code
There are many Kik users who still aren’t aware of this awesome feature. Each Kik user has a unique Kik code that belongs to him/her. If you want to see your own Kik code, follow the below steps.
- First of all, go to the Settings in your Kik app.
- Then, you would see an option called “Your Kik Code”. Just tap on this and you would see your own Kik code.
How to Scan a Friend’s Kik Code
Scanning a friend’s Kik code is also very easy. All you have to do is follow the below steps.
- Go to the Settings in your Kik app.
- Then, find out your own Kik code by tapping on the “Your Kik Code” option.
- You would have an option to switch to the “Camera” button at the bottom. Do that so that your camera gets turned on.
- Then, just hover your camera over your friend’s Kik code. Make sure that your friend has opened his/her Kik code by following the steps listed above.
- The camera would automatically then scan the Kik code of your friend’s Kik.
How to Share a Group Kik Code
Sharing a group Kik code is similar to sharing an individual’s Kik code. Follow the below steps to share your group‘s Kik code with your friends.
- First of all, go to the group chat and just open the chat.
- You would see the group name on the top of the chat. There, you would see an icon labelled as “>”. Tap besides it.
- After that, you would see an option called “Show Kik code”. Tap on it.
- Once the Kik code gets opened, you would see an option to Share it just besides it. Click on it and you are done.
As a general tip, instead of searching a group by the group name, you should always join it by using the Kik code if it is possible. This would eliminate any possibility of you joining the wrong group. Also, it would save your time and effort on a large scale. You can get straight into the chat just by the scanning the Kik code by the built in scanner of the app.
Some Tips for Using Kik Codes
- And amazing thing about the Kik codes is that you can change the background color of the Kik codes by tapping on it. So, when you are sharing yours, make sure that you change the color first.
- Kik codes can also be used to get connected to Kik bots. So, imagine yourself in such a situation where you are at a restaurant and you want to find out the discounts and promotional vouchers available. You can just connect to the Kik bot at the restaurant and immediately, you would receive all the vouchers in your device.
- Kik codes are definitely cooler than the Kik usernames. If you don’t want to reveal your username to the world but you definitely want to add more friends over Kik, you can just share your Kik code. This way, only those friends would be able to connect to you who already have Kik installed on their devices. And the other friends would not come to know about your username.
- When you add someone using Kik codes, they would add back you too. This means that you would not need to ask the other person to search you by your username and then add you back.
- Kik codes are based on locations as well. The QR codes contain a lot more data than you can think of. For example, the Kik bots would know at what time and at what location the code was scanned. This would help you to get information about your surroundings.
Let us know your opinion on the Kik codes in the comments section below.